Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 55 mins
Ever feel like quiche but don't want to make the crust? Let potatoes do the work instead. I doubled this recipe for a brunch, and it's heavenly. Instead of hash browns I used potato rounds. Recipe courtesy of Beyond Burlap, Idaho's Famous Potato Recipes Junior League of Boise.
- Form the potatoes into a shell in a quiche pan or pie plate.
- Drizzle with the butter.
- Bake at 425 for 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven. Decrease the oven temperature to 350 degrees.
- Mix the ham, cheese, green pepper, and green onions in a bowl.
- Spread over the potatoes.
- Beat the eggs, milk, salt, and pepper in a bowl.
- Pour over the ham mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.