Recipe by Kimberley Quinlan
This is a great recipe for those who love a great family fun meal . People that don't like quiche will like this . The potatoes are the crust so it tastes like a breakfast or meal in 1 slice *yum* a must try for anyone , I usually have this for dinner with salad. with this wonderful recipe you can make this vegetarian or whatever you want the filling is your choice. The cheeses are a must though the rest is your own choice for filling
Top Review by Hunkle
I just made a single serving for myself using some leftover hash browns from breakfast yesterday. I used butter flavored cooking spray to cut down on the amount of butter and had to substitute sausage for the ham. It was fabulous! It's funny how half of it filled me up when I used the same amount of sausage, eggs, and hash browns that would be served separately in a regular breakfast for one person. This is a definitely a "do again" recipe. Thanks for sharing Kimberley!
- 709.77 ml hash browns, shredded
- 2.46 ml garlic powder
- 1.23 ml salt
- 236.59 ml butter, melted
- 118.29 ml monterey jack pepper cheese, shredded
- 118.29 ml swiss cheese, shredded
- 236.59 ml ham, cooked, diced
- 118.29 ml green onion, Chopped
- 2 eggs
- 118.29 ml whipping cream
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Press hash browns between paper towels to remove moisture.
- Add seasoning to hash browns.
- Grease a 9 inch pie plate with 2 tbsp butter.
- Press hash browns onto the bottom and up the sides of the dish.
- Drizzle with remaining butter.
- Bake uncovered at 425°F for 20 to 25 minutes or until edges are brown.
- Combine cheese and ham; spoon into crust.
- Beat eggs with cream and seasoning pour over ham and cheese.
- Reduce heat to 350°F and bake uncovered for 20 to 25 minutes or until knife inserted comes out clean.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.
- Makes 4 to 6 servings.