Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is an easy one-bowl recipes, if desired sprinkle some grated cheddar cheese on top the last 5 minutes of baking, if you prefer a more creamier-type casserole add in few heaping tablespoons of whipping cream or sour cream to the mixture.
- 1 (2 lb) bag frozen hash browns, semi thawed
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 2 -3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion (or to taste)
- salt and black pepper (to taste, I use seasoned salt)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- Butter a casserole dish or baking pan enough to hold the ingredients.
- Mix all ingredients together adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer to a buttered casserole dish.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes.
Great recipe. I adjust it to include 1 c. plain Greek yogurt and last 10 minutes, I top it with crushed cornflakes or grape nuts drizzled with butter or crushed potato chips.
I made this an sort of an afterthought to go with some fajitas I was making for dinner. You see, my BIL has a humoungous appetite and I thought this would be a good filler for him. It was the hit of the dinner. Even my picky son loved them. I would say, though it served 3 adults and 3 kids amply. Kitten, thanks for another winner, will be making again. Sue
Very easy and yummy. I left out the onions because I don't really like them. This went really well with steaks!