Prep 2 mins
Cook 20 mins
A traditional stroganoff with hamburger instead of cubed beef. Great for a quick hearty meal on a cold night. Makes up in 30 minutes or less. Great with a salad and warm bread.
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom pieces
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can milk (use soup can)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (8 ounce) package wide egg noodles
- Cook egg noodles according to directions.
- Brown hamburger with onion and garlic powder till no longer pink.
- Mix in soup, milk, mushrooms and sour cream.
- Simmer until heated through and serve with egg noodles.
This is a nice and easy stroganoff. I prefer a little more flavor so added extra garlic powder, black pepper, 1 beef bouillon cube, 1T soy sauce and 1tsp worcestershire sauce. I used lowfat milk and soup and lean ground beef. Make sure to drain the fat from the beef! I tossed it with 12oz cooked egg noodles and it was more than enough sauce. Made for 1-2-3 hit wonders.
Good base recipe, I made a few changes, fresh mushrooms, WC sauce, 1/2 cube beef bouillon,dried parsley, & a pinch of dry mustard. I added the dry noodles to the sauce & simmered until done.
This is great for a quick weeknight meal. Easy and tasty. Definitely a comfort food meal. I used the low-fat soup, low-fat sour cream and skim milk to reduce the calories and fat content. My family loved it.