Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A really easy version of stroganoff, it is so good, my kids love it, and so will yours!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup margarine or 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) cansliced mushrooms
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups hot, cooked noodles
- In a large skillet, cook and stir ground beef and onion in margarine or butter until onions are tender.
- Stir in flour, salt, garlic powder, pepper and mushrooms.
- Cook 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in soup.
- Simmer uncovered.
- Stir in sour cream.
- Serve over noodles.
this was great. i was in the mood for stroganoff and this defineately hit the spot
This recipe is a stand-by, I've had in my files for years! It truely is, good old comfort food.:) With the cooler weather coming, this is something I'll be fixing again soon.
I had a pound of hamburger and egg noodles that needed to be used soon. Searched Zaar's recipes using those ingredients and found this quick and easy stroganoff recipe. I liked the addition of the flour as it pulled the ground round together nicely. Didnt add the mushrooms but sauted them seperately for my DH. Added the noodles to the ground round mixture and had a tasty one pot meal. Needed a bit more seasoning for our taste so I added more garlic powder, dried parsley flakes, lemon pepper, and more black pepper.