Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a very easy recipe that my mother used to make. I don't know where she got it, but it's very good! This recipe is easily doubled. I usually serve it with warm bread or rolls.
- 1 lb ground beef (hamburger)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 (46 ounce) can tomato juice (I prefer V-8 juice to give it more kick)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- salt, to taste (I usually don't add the salt--the juice and soup have enough)
- pepper, to taste
- Brown the hamburger and onion together in a dutch oven or large pot, until the onion is clear.
- Drain the fat.
- Add the remaining ingredients, while stirring occasionally, bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally or until carrot is cooked.
- Serve and Savor!
Very easy, and tasty. Not a huge hit, but pretty good.
This was very good. I always have lots of cream of celery soup on hand. I could taste the carrots, but my kids didn't, so thats good for us. I used the V-8 for the extra kick. I added a few dashes of hot sauce to my own bowl. Thanks! Reviewed and Made for Fall 2007 PAC.
Easy and tasty...my favorite type of recipe.