Recipe by AzureLynn
When I lived in another state at another time -- my now teen boys used to be in Head Start. (This was oh -- 9 yrs ago??) ANYWAY! The director made this wonderful soup that the kids loved. It's easy, its fast.. and its good.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 lbs frozen mixed vegetables (corn, carrots, peas, green beans)
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) canpetite diced tomatoes
- 1 -3 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon season salt (or less)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 cup sugar
- 3 -5 cups water
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef in a large sauce pan and drain off the fat.
- Add all the ingredients except the water and gently stir.
- Add water until it covers the soup mixture, stirring and adding up to the 5 cups until its got a good consistency. Simmer up to 45 minutes.