Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Simple one dish meal. I used peas but you could really use anything you had or felt like. And I have a heavy hand with garlic, so if you don't like it so much lessen the amounts.
- 1 lb ground beef (or Turkey)
- 2 cups quartered red potatoes, with skins
- 1 (12 ounce) bag frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon mixed Italian herbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- Boil potatoes until cooked but firm.
- Cook bag of peas (or chosen veggies) per instructions. (Steam or boil).
- Brown meat and drain if needed.
- Remove meat from skillet and melt butter over medium heat. Add garlic and cook till golden.
- Add potatoes and cook at high heat, getting them crispy. Careful because it's easy to start smooshing them.
- When the potatoes are as crisp as you dare to get them, add the meat, veggies and rest of the ingredients and stir till heated through.
- Serve with a sprinkle of Parmesan Cheese and enjoy!
I used white potatoes, oil instead of butter (dairy allergy), oregano, parsley, basil, ginger, and minced garlic - all not measured, I just throw stuff in there! Then I added some salt and pepper. In the final tasting, it seemed really dry. I ended up making a generic brown gravy to put over it and served the broccoli on the side. Overall though, there was a nice flavor, and it was easy (if a bit time consuming) to prepare.