Recipe by Bergy
This can be a do ahead casserole just pour the ingredients into a casserole dish before you do the final 20 minute simmer and then pop it into a 350F oven 25-30 minutes before serving - put some buttered crumbs on top - I like to serve it over noodles or add cooked macaroni to it for the final simmer - I treat this as a good basic casserole that is tasty as is or even better with your creative touch
Top Review by PanNan
What a quick and easy recipe for a weeknight (and economical, too). A real family pleaser. DH and DS had huge second helpings and suggested that I not lose this recipe! Always a good sign.... I served it over macaroni. You're right, it's a perfect recipe to vary a bit whenever you make it - maybe some bell pepper, maybe some beans instead of macaroni, etc., etc. This is a keeper.
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- spray vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups onions, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped (or less)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder (or more)
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 (14 ounce) cans kernel corn or 4 ears fresh corn, cooked
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes (Ilike to use Italian flavored)
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown the beef on the sprayed pan, add onions, garlic, chile powder& crushed red pepper flakes.
- Stir until onions are softened and the burger is browned.
- Mix cornstarch with the beef broth add to the pan.
- Add tomatoes mix well& simmer until thickened add corn mix and continue simmering for approz 20 minutes Season with salt& pepper.