Recipe by EllaP
An easy quick meal to put together. Make it ahead and freeze it too! my kids love the chow mein noodles in it.
Top Review by mammafishy
This recipe was a trip down memory lane....Did a search for just these ingredients, knowing that this is how my mother used to put together something she make when I was young. Probably 40 plus years ago. The recipe looks exact, except she used ground beef. I had to cook another 15 mintues because it still had liquid in it and the rice needed to cook longer. Next time I will proably cook at 375 degrees. Thanks for sharing!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground turkey (or beef if you prefer)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup (I use fat free)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of celery soup (I use fat free)
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) soup cans water
- 1 cup chow mein noodles
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown meat with onion and celery.
- Add all ingredients except 1/2 cup of chow mein noodles.
- Put into casserole dish.
- Bake at 350° uncovered for one hour.
- Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup of chow mein noodles on top and bake an additional 5 minutes.
- Serve with veggie & bread!