Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Quick and easy and oh so good!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can chicken rice soup, undiluted
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1⁄2 cup rice
- 1⁄2 cup diced celery
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 cups hot water
- chinese noodles
- Mix all ingredients (except noodles) together well and place in casserole dish.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Remove from oven.
- Cover with Chinese noodles.
- Bake an additional 1/2 hour.
This recipe did not tell what temperature to bake it at, so I put it in a 375-degree oven for 1 hour. Came out nice and hot.
I must say I measured carefully and this meal had to be thrown out after the first two bites. It was horribly salty! That was my sad experience. I was disappointed and HUNGRY!
We enjoyed this casserole a lot and it was very easy to make. I used dry minced onion and celery flakes to hide the chopped onion and celery from my DH. After reading the reviews I used beef broth instead of water and 3 tablespoons of worcestershire sauce instead of 2. Perfect timing for this and the flavor was great! Will be making this again and next time I might add some water chestnuts. Thank you so much *~Christine~* for posting this recipe. Made and reviewed for the Photo Forums Make It Easy Challenge.