1/3 Photos of Easy Hamburger Buns
This recipe came with King Arthur's hamburger bun pan I purchased. Not as super soft as store bought buns, but I like these much better. I use my automatic bread machine (ABM) to make these using the dough cyle for kneading and forming them separately. If you are using the ABM, you can add all ingredients in the machine while it heats up except the milk/butter mixture. When it starts to knead, add the milk/butter mixture in and let the machine complete the dough cycle and proceed with step 3.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons butter, soft
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons yeast
- 1 teaspoon dried onion flakes (optional)
- 1Warm the milk and butter together just until the butter starts to melt.
- 2Place all of the ingredients into a mixing bowl. (I use my bread maker dough cycle here). Stir to combine, then knead the dough until it's smooth and elastic, about 10-15 minute. Add a bit of additional flour or water if needed.
- 3Place the dough in a lightly greased bowl, turning to coat all sides. Cover it with lightly greased plastic wrap, and let the dough rise until it's doubled in bulk.
- 4Turn the dough out onto a lighly floured work surface and divide it into six pieces. Roll each piece into a smooth ball and place it in the lightly greased pan.
- 5Cover the pan let the buns rest for 10 min, then press each to flatten the top. Cover and let it rise until puffy, about 1 hour.
- 6Mix beaten egg white with 1 T water.
- 7Just before baking, brush with the egg white water mixture and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake the buns in a preheated 375 F degree oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until they are golden brown.
- 8Remove from oven and let cool on a rack before slicing in half horizontally.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Hamburger Buns
Serving Size: 1 (775 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 344.8
- Calories from Fat 89
- Total Fat 9.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 26.0 mg
- Sodium 583.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 9.0 g