This recipe starts with a yellow cake mix and it is easy and delicious. It also uses prepared fruit filling. Everyone who tries this recipe loves it. It is a traditional recipe for the Purim holiday and the shape of the cookie represents the shape of the hat of Haman, the evil advisor to the King of Persia. Haman hated the Jews and wanted to kill them all and these pastries remind us of this hateful man who died instead of the Jews.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 2Combine cake mix, flour, eggs, and water in mixer bowl.
- 3Mix until well blended.
- 4Roll out 1/4 of the dough at a time on a lightly floured surface until 1/8 inch thick.
- 5Cut dough into 2 1/2 inch circles.
- 6Place 1 teaspoon of fruit filling in center of dough.
- 7Draw up 3 sides of circle up to form a triangle.
- 8Pinch edges together, moisten edges with water if needed.
- 9Place on lightly greased cookie sheet.
- 10Bake for 6-8 minutes our until golden brown.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Hamantaschen
Serving Size: 1 (893 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 153.4
- Calories from Fat 61
- Total Fat 6.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 26.1 mg
- Sodium 183.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 9.5 g
- Protein 2.0 g