Recipe by mandabears
This recipe starts with a yellow cake mix and it is easy and delicious. It also uses prepared fruit filling. Everyone who tries this recipe loves it. It is a traditional recipe for the Purim holiday and the shape of the cookie represents the shape of the hat of Haman, the evil advisor to the King of Persia. Haman hated the Jews and wanted to kill them all and these pastries remind us of this hateful man who died instead of the Jews.
- 18 1⁄2 ounces yellow cake mix, I use Duncan Hines
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- solo canned fruit filling
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine cake mix, flour, eggs, and water in mixer bowl.
- Mix until well blended.
- Roll out 1/4 of the dough at a time on a lightly floured surface until 1/8 inch thick.
- Cut dough into 2 1/2 inch circles.
- Place 1 teaspoon of fruit filling in center of dough.
- Draw up 3 sides of circle up to form a triangle.
- Pinch edges together, moisten edges with water if needed.
- Place on lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes our until golden brown.