Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
The glaze on this ham is so good! The oven time and glaze amounts are for a 5-pound ham, for a larger ham adjust the cooking time. The ham must be cooked at 325 degrees, not higher.
- 1 (16 ounce) can jellied cranberry sauce
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper (optional)
- 1 (5 lb) ham
- 1⁄3 cup water
- Set oven to 325 degrees.
- In a small saucepan combine the cranberry sauce, brown sugar, fresh orange juice, cloves, cinnamon, allspice and black pepper, if using; heat slowly stirring until smooth.
- Place the ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan with 1/3 cup water.
- Insert a meat thermometer in the ham.
- Bake until the thermometer reaches 125 degrees (about 1-1/2 to 2 hours).
- Brush a third of the glaze on the ham 30 minutes before the end of baking time.
- Spoon on the remaining glaze every 10 minutes (within the 30 minutes).
- After removing the ham from the oven, let stand for 15 minutes before carving.
Very delicious! I was looking for something easy and a bit different from the usual brown sugar glazes and this was perfect! the cranberry gives it just the right amout of fruit flavor. I didn't have jellied cranberry sauce as we love the whole berry, but I must say it worked just beautifully. I did add the black pepper and do think it's adding another layer of flavor, very yummy! I will make this again! Thank you for posting!