Recipe by Aroostook
Quick, easy and tasty. Wonderful way to use leftover ham.
Top Review by Pegger1
I don't know!? I should have known as I was looking at the recipe, but I went ahead and made it anyway. I think the proportions were all screwed up! I had to take a cup or so of liquid out and it still took an extra hour to get the rice to cook...HMM...The temperature was probably a little off. And as I tasted to see if the rice was done, It didn't have much flavor so I added some celery salt and that helped(celery would have been a nice touch but it was to late!) We ate it anyway but next time I'd cut the liquid in half. The recipe needed alot of revise.
- 3 -3 1⁄2 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup cubed ham
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup white cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper (or less to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a deep dish pie pan or 1 ½ quart covered baking dish.
- Place diced ham and onion in bottom of dish.
- Cover with rice.
- Whisk egg and mayo into milk .
- Pour liquid over rice mixture.
- Dot with butter, sprinkle with pepper.
- Cover with foil and bake 45 minutes.
- Remove cover.
- Sprinkle with cheeses and paprika.
- Let set for 5-10 before serving.
- Great with green beans and tomato slices.