Recipe by ~*Miss Diggy*~
This inst your traditional fried rice, but it is a great recipe, using another recipe that is posted on here for soy sauce, Soy Sauce Substitute - Gluten Free, which I used for low sodium content. That is probably why it doesn't taste like most fried rice, because soy sauce has A LOT of salt in it. This recipe makes a lot!
Top Review by tarayakki
Delicious. I added some salt and it was perfect. Used left over ham from thanksgiving and some lima beans instead of peas cause I had none. Will definitely be making this again. Thanks!
- 6 cups cold cooked rice (leftover)
- 5 tablespoons oil, divided
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen peas
- 2⁄3 cup diced ham
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce, Soy Sauce Substitute - Gluten Free
Directions See How It's Made
- Put 3 tbs oil in a large pan and heat up.
- Once heated add in cold rice and let sizzle and brown, stirring occasionally. This usually takes about 10 minutes.
- Once done add in the rest of the oil, onion, garlic, carrot, peas, and ham, mixing it all in together and letting this cook for 5 minutes.
- Then push rice to the side of pan and drop in the eggs and scramble them, making sure the pieces are small.
- Once eggs are done, incorporate them into the rest of the fried rice and add in the soy sauce, mixing well.
- Let cook for another 5 minutes, and serve.