Recipe by Swan Valley Tammi
This recipe is from my mom, who got it from my aunt. My aunt and I have unlimited access to pork because our husbands are both hog farmers and this is a great way to use up leftover ham. It's also a relatively quick meal to prepare.
- 4 cups frozen hash browns
- 1 1⁄2 cups ham, chopped
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup Miracle Whip
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 1 tablespoon melted margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix hashbrowns, ham, cheese and onion.
- In a separate bowl, combine Miracle Whip, milk, and pepper. Add to hashbrown mixture and mix lightly.
- Spoon into lightly greased 1 quart casserole dish.
- Combine crumbs and butter and sprinkle over hashbrown mix.
- Bake at 350F for 40 minutes.