Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is a delicious "mix and bake" casserole! cream of mushroom soup can be used in place of the cream of potato if desired. I use coarsly chopped frozen french fries in place of hash browns for this, we prefer the texture better, of coarse hash browns will do fine! This makes a great weekend brunch recipe!
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder (can use more)
- 1 (1 kg) bagcountry-style frozen hash browns
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped cooked ham
- seasoning salt
- black pepper (or use white salt)
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese (can use more)
- 2 1⁄2 cups grated old cheddar cheese, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 375 degrees.
- Set oven rack to second-lowest position.
- Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking.
- In a very large bowl combine the soup with sour cream, melted butter, paprika and garlic powder; mix well to combine (the mixture will be lumpy).
- Stir in the frozen hash browns until completely combined.
- Add in all remeining ingredients with ONLY 1-1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese; mix well to combine (the mixture will be very thick!).
- Season with seasoned salt and black pepper to taste.
- Spoon into prepared casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Cover tightly with foil and bake for about 1 hour.
- Remove foil and sprinkle with about 1 cup grated cheddar cheese (can use more) return to oven and bake for another 15-20 more minutes.