This is an easy dish to make that is great served at any time of day. I sometimes crumble some crispy bacon in there for even more flavour variety! It has a nice zing to it due to the spices but is not overpowering.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat until sizzling.
- Add cubed potatoes and the last six ingredients to pan.
- Fry potatoes until golden brown and fork tender, stirring occasionally.
- Then add the butter and diced onion. Mix.
- When the onion has softened slightly, add the ham to the pan and mix again to combine.
- Once heated through sprinkle the cheese over hash.
- Serve when cheese has melted.