Recipe by Kellogs
This is an easy dish to make that is great served at any time of day. I sometimes crumble some crispy bacon in there for even more flavour variety! It has a nice zing to it due to the spices but is not overpowering.
Top Review by dutchgirl1966
Whenever I cook ham, I make extra baked potatoes. Cold previously cooked potatoes make the best fried potatoes or hash dishes. Sometimes I scramble a few eggs and pour over near the end of cooking time and sometimes I leave out the cheese. But, as is, WONDERFUL recipe. Thank you!
- 6 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup ham, shredded
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat until sizzling.
- Add cubed potatoes and the last six ingredients to pan.
- Fry potatoes until golden brown and fork tender, stirring occasionally.
- Then add the butter and diced onion. Mix.
- When the onion has softened slightly, add the ham to the pan and mix again to combine.
- Once heated through sprinkle the cheese over hash.
- Serve when cheese has melted.