Prep 3 mins
Cook 17 mins
This looks like a one pan wonder! I haven't made it yet, but aim to very soon. I found it on the Better Homes and Gardens website.
- 4 cups dry pasta (bow tie or rotini)
- 1 (10 ounce) packagecut frozen asparagus or 1 (10 ounce) package frozen broccoli
- 8 ounces cooked ham, cut into thin strips
- 1 (8 ounce) containersoft-style chive & onion cream cheese
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- fresh chives (optional)
- Cook the pasta according to package directions, adding the frozen asparagus the last 5 minutes and the ham the last 1 minute of the cooking time. Drain and return pasta to pan.
- Stir together cream cheese and milk; add to the pasta mixture in the pan. Stir gently over medium heat until the mixture is heated through. If desired, garnish with fresh chives. Makes 4 servings.
This was very easy, and pretty good, but a little bland tasting. I think next time I'll add some green onions, and double the cream cheese for more sauce. I used fresh asparagus and rotini. Definitely a keeper, but it needs some tweaking to suit our tastes entirely.
This was a lifesaver after a full day of hard manual labor. I was so tired and didn't think that I had the energy to prepare dinner, but this recipe was a breeze. I used fresh asparagus and penne pasta. I didn't have any chives on hand, but did add some diced green onions. Leftovers re-heated well for lunch the next day. Thanks for posting.
Not my favorite.. It was very bland, even after I added half of a salt shaker! Maybe boiling the ham causes it to lose flavor? If I ever made this again, I wont boil the ham, I'll double the CC and use fresh onions and garlic in the sauce.