Recipe by Ms B.
This is an adopted recipe that I haven't yet tried. When I get a chance, I will make any amendments that are necessary.
Top Review by davis74
Glad to see this on here, I have been making this for years. Its from the nestle website although they no longer carry the Halloween shapes. Turns out great every time just dont put the heat too high during the 5 minute no stir stage-or it will burn. I use whatever nuts I have on hand and adapt it to any season with add-ins. Sno-caps taste really good in here. Thanks for sharing and keeping it here.
- 9 cups toasted corn cereal
- 4 cups popped popcorn
- 1 1⁄2 cups dry roasted peanuts
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 (10 ounce) package Nestle Toll House halloween shapes and morsels
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) package milk chocolate-covered pretzels
Directions See How It's Made
- PREHEAT oven to 250°F Grease large roasting pan.
- MIX cereal, popped popcorn and peanuts in large bowl.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- COMBINE brown sugar, butter and corn syrup in medium, heavy-duty saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Boil, without stirring, for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in vanilla extract and baking soda.
- Pour evenly over cereal mixture; stir to coat evenly.
- BAKE for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Cool completely in pan, stirring frequently to break apart mixture.
- Stir in Shapes& Morsels and chocolate covered pretzels.
- Store in airtight container.