Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Found in Light & Easy Taste of Home.
- 2 lbs haddock fillets
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of shrimp soup, undiluted
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine or 2 tablespoons chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Place fillets in a 13"x9"x2" baking dish coated with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine the soup, lemon juice, and sherry. Pour over the fillets.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- In a small non-stick skillet, saute the onion and garlic in butter for 2 minutes. Stir in the bread crumbs and Worcestershire sauce. Sprinkle over the fillets.
- Bake 5-10 more minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
My family and I really enjoyed this. It was our first time eating Haddock as well as trying this recipe. I can't wait to try it out with other white fish. Very delicious!!!
Used cream of mushroom soup instead of shrimp and wine instead of sherry. Added cooked shrimp to fish for last five minutes.
This recipe is delightful, it worked wonderfully with two beautiful filets of haddock, but I didn't have shrimp soup so instead I used cream of celery - will definitely make this one again - often. Thanks so much.