Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
A simple way to make an INDIAN sweet that's loved worldwide!
For the Gulab Jamun
- 1 cup powdered milk (I use the Nido brand)
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons semolina
- 6 teaspoons oil
- 5 teaspoons water
- oil, to fry
or sugar syrup
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- Mix all the ingredients for the Gulab jamun well to make the dough.
- Make small balls out of it.
- In the meantime prepare the sugar water syrup by mixing the sugar and water in a pot and boiling until it becomes sticky.
- This will take at least 20 minutes.
- Fry the gulab jamun balls on low flame.
- Then dip them into the sugar-water syrup and toss well.
- Serve hot or cold, as desired by you.
- I love them hot and so does my Dear Dad!