Recipe by mickeydownunder
Tasty and delicious this is TRUE! Hubby RAVED about last night too! While surfing the net, combined various recipes or two, HOPE you will find this EASY...DELICIOUS too!
Top Review by Susie D
I adapted this to crockpot cooking and added beef broth and more veggies. I skipped the oil & flour simply loading the crockpot with the ingredients. I added a quart of beef broth, sliced celery, potatoes, and peas and thickened at the end with a cornstarch slurry. My diners enjoyed the meal & it couldn't have been easier! The beer added a nice touch & Iwill make the recipe again. Thank you for sharing the recipe!.. Made for Fall 2012 Pick A Chef.
- 1 kg beef stew meat
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (Liquid or Powdered)
- 1 onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1⁄2 cups Guinness stout
- 2 cups carrots
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl, ADD 1 Tablespoon of Oil to Beef.
- POUR in Flour, Salt, Black Pepper, Cayenne Pepper; Mix well throught Beef.
- Heat rest of oil in pan and brown Beef; Drain.
- Add sliced onions into oil Beef was browned in and garlic; Cover and cook for 5 minutes on Medium heat.
- POUR 1/2 cup Guinness into pan til boiling and scrape bits of food with a wooden spoon.
- POUR in rest of Stout.
- In a pan big enough, place Beef, Stout Mixture, carrots (chopped fine) and thyme.
- Can be simmered on the stove for 2 hours or in an oven at 150 degrees C/300 F(LOW) for 2 hours; STIR approximately every half hour until meat almost melts in your mouth.
- Garnish with Parsley.