Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Tasty and delicious this is TRUE! Hubby RAVED about last night too! While surfing the net, combined various recipes or two, HOPE you will find this EASY...DELICIOUS too!
- 1 kg beef stew meat
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (Liquid or Powdered)
- 1 onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1⁄2 cups Guinness stout
- 2 cups carrots
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- In large bowl, ADD 1 Tablespoon of Oil to Beef.
- POUR in Flour, Salt, Black Pepper, Cayenne Pepper; Mix well throught Beef.
- Heat rest of oil in pan and brown Beef; Drain.
- Add sliced onions into oil Beef was browned in and garlic; Cover and cook for 5 minutes on Medium heat.
- POUR 1/2 cup Guinness into pan til boiling and scrape bits of food with a wooden spoon.
- POUR in rest of Stout.
- In a pan big enough, place Beef, Stout Mixture, carrots (chopped fine) and thyme.
- Can be simmered on the stove for 2 hours or in an oven at 150 degrees C/300 F(LOW) for 2 hours; STIR approximately every half hour until meat almost melts in your mouth.
- Garnish with Parsley.
I adapted this to crockpot cooking and added beef broth and more veggies. I skipped the oil & flour simply loading the crockpot with the ingredients. I added a quart of beef broth, sliced celery, potatoes, and peas and thickened at the end with a cornstarch slurry. My diners enjoyed the meal & it couldn't have been easier! The beer added a nice touch & Iwill make the recipe again. Thank you for sharing the recipe!.. Made for Fall 2012 Pick A Chef.