Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This Guacamole is quite amazing; easy, yummy and with no additional fat other than the avocado. No need to spend a lot of time chopping the ingredients as the blender will do the job anyway. The key is to add salt and lime juice 'to taste'; a bit more salt makes all the difference to bring out the avocado's flavour. Regular onion will work instead of red onion. It's best to use rubber gloves when working with hot peppers.
- 2 avocados, peeled (you'll want ripe ones)
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄4 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 -2 teaspoon salt
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and blend with hand blender until smooth.
- Or mush ingredients well with fork if you prefer your guacamole chunky.
- Serve with tortilla chips or as a side to enchiladas or other Mexican dish.
My family loves guacamole, and always ask for it. I was never a fan until now!! This recipe is fabulous. The flavor's are perfect. I used pickled jalapeno's from a jar for a little more zing. I'm going back to the store tomorrow for more avocado's to make another batch because it's already gone!! Thanks.
Delicious guacamole!! I made 1/2 of the recipe(as only my son's girlfriend and myself were eating it) for one of our appetizers during the NFL games last weekend and we loved it. Very easy and flavorful. Followed as written, other then soaking the red onion in some water 1st to take the bite off of the raw onion. Made for Zaar Stars tag game.