Recipe by MarthaStewartWanabe
This is an easy weeknight family dinner that is sure to please kids of all ages. I call this "mock" stroganoff because it uses milk instead of sour cream and the fresh addition of baby peas. My kids tore into this as though they were ravenous beasts who hadn't eaten in days--a scene certain to make any mother of picky children smile proudly! I hope you enjoy as much as our family does!
Top Review by JennyMidget
A lovely savoury mince - but definitely not a stroganoff! Toddler and hubby liked this, and it was quick and easy - but I was a bit disappointed it was nowhere near a stroganoff flavour. Don't know what was missing - tomato? More paprika? Nice enough but not what I was expecting.
- 1 lb ground beef, lean
- 1 tablespoon onion, minced, dried
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced, dried
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 1⁄4 teaspoon basil, dried
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1⁄4 cup boiling water
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 cups peas, frozen
- 2 cups egg noodles, medium, uncooked
Directions See How It's Made
- Place a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once skillet is hot, add beef, onion, garlic, oregano, basil, salt, pepper and 1/2 teaspoons paprika. Stir to combine and be sure to break up beef while cooking. Cook for 10 minutes or until no longer pink and slightly browned.
- Meanwhile, cook egg noodles according to package directions.
- In a small bowl, place bouillon cube and boiling water and allow to dissolve.
- Once the bouillon is dissolved, add to skillet with beef. Reduce heat to medium. Then stir in cream of mushroom soup, milk, Worcestershire sauce and paprika. Bring to a simmer. Then add frozen peas. Simmer for another 8-10 minutes.
- Serve immediately over hot, cooked egg noodles.