1/1 Photo of Easy Ground Beef Mock Stroganoff With Peas
This is an easy weeknight family dinner that is sure to please kids of all ages. I call this "mock" stroganoff because it uses milk instead of sour cream and the fresh addition of baby peas. My kids tore into this as though they were ravenous beasts who hadn't eaten in days--a scene certain to make any mother of picky children smile proudly! I hope you enjoy as much as our family does!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground beef, lean
- 1 tablespoon onion, minced, dried
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced, dried
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 1/4 teaspoon basil, dried
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 cups peas, frozen
- 2 cups egg noodles, medium, uncooked
- 1Place a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once skillet is hot, add beef, onion, garlic, oregano, basil, salt, pepper and 1/2 teaspoons paprika. Stir to combine and be sure to break up beef while cooking. Cook for 10 minutes or until no longer pink and slightly browned.
- 2Meanwhile, cook egg noodles according to package directions.
- 3In a small bowl, place bouillon cube and boiling water and allow to dissolve.
- 4Once the bouillon is dissolved, add to skillet with beef. Reduce heat to medium. Then stir in cream of mushroom soup, milk, Worcestershire sauce and paprika. Bring to a simmer. Then add frozen peas. Simmer for another 8-10 minutes.
- 5Serve immediately over hot, cooked egg noodles.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Ground Beef Mock Stroganoff With Peas
Serving Size: 1 (341 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 477.0
- Calories from Fat 214
- Total Fat 23.8 g
- Saturated Fat 8.7 g
- Cholesterol 97.4 mg
- Sodium 1191.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 30.7 g