1/1 Photo of Easy Ground Beef Gyros
Mama's Kitchen (Hope)'s Note:
From the Texas Beef Council posted for the Greek portion of the Zaar World Tour. Feel free to up the seasonings on the beef if you like it really flavorful. As Saraghina states, leftover roast would be great here too!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 4 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 8 small pita pocket bread, cut in half, warmed (4-inch diameter)
- 1In small bowl, combine Yogurt Sauce ingredients, mixing well. Cover and refrigerate.
- 2Heat oven to 350ºF.
- 3In medium bowl, combine ground beef and seasoning ingredients, mixing lightly but thoroughly.
- 4Divide beef mixture into 16 equal portions and shape into patties 2 inches in diameter.
- 5Place patties on rack in broiler pan.
- 6Bake in oven 10 minutes or until no longer pink OR GRILL over medium heat.
- 7To serve, place equal amounts of beef and tomato in each pita half; top with yogurt sauce.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Ground Beef Gyros
Serving Size: 1 (145 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 198.5
- Calories from Fat 57
- Total Fat 6.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 38.0 mg
- Sodium 349.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 15.3 g