Prep 4 hrs 20 mins
Cook 8 mins
This is a quick and easy way to marinate tri-tip. This really brings out the flavor of the beef. The cooking time I noted is passive cooking time and includes the time it takes to marinate the meat.
- 3 1⁄2-4 lbs tri-tip roast
- 1⁄4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons light olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 -2 tablespoon McCormick's Montreal Brand steak seasoning (I use the Low Sodium kind)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
- Mix all ingredients (except meat) to a small bowl and stir.
- Transfer all ingredients (including meat) to large plastic bag.
- Seal bag, making sure to get most of the air out.
- Massage marinade into meat through the bag. Let marinate in the refrigerator for 4 – 8 hours, don’t marinate overnight as it makes the meat too salty.
- Grill tri tip for about 15 – 20 minutes on each side or until desired doneness.
This is an excellent marinade, especially since it has ingredients that I always have on hand. It only takes a minute to get together and then put meat in and your done till grill time. I went to 3 stores around me and none of them had a tri-tip roast so I had to substitute sirloin steak, which was about 3 lbs. I let the meat marinade for about 3-4 hours and it was so tasty!!! I don't know if I would use a tri-tip now, since this steak was so good!!! Made for Spring PAC 2008. Thanks for a great recipe, that will be used often, Busy Lindsay.
This was a very tasty marinade. I used it on sirloin tip steaks. Thanks for sharing