Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Very easy and delicious recipe for tilapia fillets on the grill. Found the recipe at a Seafood Road show sponsored by the Commissary.
- Place lemon slice on a foil square.
- Cut garlic clove in half and rub both sides of fillet, place clove on foil.
- Place fillet on top, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place ice cube on top of fillet. Fold foil into packet.
- Grill for approximately 10-15 minutes on medium-high heat.
- Carefully open packet and serve.
Simple recipe, and can adjust to how ever many fillets you want to grill. I've never grilled fish before, so I don't know if the ice cube is normal, but I loved not having to use butter. I had previously blended a whole lemon with about five garlic cloves, so instead of using a lemon slice, I used part of the blended lemon. (still used the called for garlic clove and rubbed on fish) It was good with the salt and pepper, but liked it better with creole seasoning. Thank you so much for posting the recipe. I will be grilling fish now instead of steaming or baking.