Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Burgers with that south of the border touch!
Make and share this Easy Grilled Tex-Mex Burgers recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup minced onion
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Mexican oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 4 slices monterey jack cheese
- 4 slices red onions
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 1 avocado, peeled,seeded,and sliced
- jalapeno, slices (optional)
- 4 flour tortillas, warmed (10-inch or larger)
- Mix together ground beef, minced onion, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, oregano, cumin, garlic powder, and Tabasco in a large mixing bowl.
- Shape meat into 4 patties, flattening out between sheets of waxed paper, if desired.
- Remove paper, and grill patties 6-8 minutes per side, or until they are well done.
- Serve each burger on a tortilla topped with a slice of cheese, some onion, some avocado, some jalapeno slices, and a little salsa.
- Fold edges of tortilla around bottom and sides of burger and serve!
- Note: If burger ends up too wide, just break off pieces from sides and stack them towards the middle of tortilla!