Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Burgers with that south of the border touch!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup minced onion
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Mexican oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 4 slices monterey jack cheese
- 4 slices red onions
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 1 avocado, peeled,seeded,and sliced
- jalapeno, slices (optional)
- 4 flour tortillas, warmed (10-inch or larger)
- Mix together ground beef, minced onion, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, oregano, cumin, garlic powder, and Tabasco in a large mixing bowl.
- Shape meat into 4 patties, flattening out between sheets of waxed paper, if desired.
- Remove paper, and grill patties 6-8 minutes per side, or until they are well done.
- Serve each burger on a tortilla topped with a slice of cheese, some onion, some avocado, some jalapeno slices, and a little salsa.
- Fold edges of tortilla around bottom and sides of burger and serve!
- Note: If burger ends up too wide, just break off pieces from sides and stack them towards the middle of tortilla!
Some say Saturday ight Fever - me - I say Saturday night Burger and MMmmmm this is a good one. Love the combination of spices etc. I used fresh garlic and pickled hot Banana Pickles Thanks SueL
Delicious spicy burgers! We had these for our 4th of July cookout, and they were a huge hit! Everyone wanted the recipe. This one's a keeper, thanks Sue! :o)
I made following the recipe except I mixed ketchup in with the salsa, cause I thought it would be good, and guess what? It was! I did double the recipe for all of us. DS and DH gives it a high five, and if they're happy momma's happy too, so 5 stars for us! Thank you!