Sue Lau's Note:
Burgers with that south of the border touch!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Mexican oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 4 slices monterey jack cheese
- 4 slices red onions
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 avocado, peeled,seeded,and sliced
- jalapeno, slices (optional)
- 4 flour tortillas, warmed (10-inch or larger)
- 1Mix together ground beef, minced onion, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, oregano, cumin, garlic powder, and Tabasco in a large mixing bowl.
- 2Shape meat into 4 patties, flattening out between sheets of waxed paper, if desired.
- 3Remove paper, and grill patties 6-8 minutes per side, or until they are well done.
- 4Serve each burger on a tortilla topped with a slice of cheese, some onion, some avocado, some jalapeno slices, and a little salsa.
- 5Fold edges of tortilla around bottom and sides of burger and serve!
- 6Note: If burger ends up too wide, just break off pieces from sides and stack them towards the middle of tortilla!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Grilled Tex-Mex Burgers
Serving Size: 1 (294 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 511.7
- Calories from Fat 269
- Total Fat 29.9 g
- Saturated Fat 11.6 g
- Cholesterol 98.6 mg
- Sodium 663.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 34.2 g