1/1 Photo of Easy Grilled Shrimp Scampi
Mama's Kitchen (Hope)'s Note:
Delicious shrimp scampi floating in a foil boat makes clean up a breeze! Can be prepared ahead which makes it wonderful for those busy evenings or get togethers! The foil also makes this dish great for camping and picnics!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb shrimp
- 4 garlic cloves, minced, adjust to taste
- 1 teaspoon cayenne, adjust to taste
- 1/4 cup butter, real butter tastes best
- salt and pepper
- 1If using cleaned and deveined shrimp please skip to step 4 --
- 2Cut shrimp shell with scissors starting at the seperation between the head and body.
- 3Use knife to cut a shallow slice down back of shrimp and devein.
- 4Make a 'boat' with several layers of foil to hold shrimp and juices.
- 5Place shrimp in boat and season with salt, pepper garlic and cayenne making as hot as you want.
- 6Cut butter into pieces and place on top of shrimp.
- 7Place boat on grill and cook just until shrimp curls.
- 8Garnish if desired.
- 9You can skewer these too but they are more moist done this way.
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Grilled Shrimp Scampi
Serving Size: 1 (133 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 219.7
- Calories from Fat 115
- Total Fat 12.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.6 g
- Cholesterol 251.3 mg
- Sodium 336.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 24.0 g