1/1 Photo of Easy Grilled Shrimp Scampi
Mama's Kitchen (Hope)'s Note:
Delicious shrimp scampi floating in a foil boat makes clean up a breeze! Can be prepared ahead which makes it wonderful for those busy evenings or get togethers! The foil also makes this dish great for camping and picnics!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb shrimp
- 4 garlic cloves, minced, adjust to taste
- 1 teaspoon cayenne, adjust to taste
- 1/4 cup butter, real butter tastes best
- salt and pepper
- 1If using cleaned and deveined shrimp please skip to step 4 --
- 2Cut shrimp shell with scissors starting at the seperation between the head and body.
- 3Use knife to cut a shallow slice down back of shrimp and devein.
- 4Make a 'boat' with several layers of foil to hold shrimp and juices.
- 5Place shrimp in boat and season with salt, pepper garlic and cayenne making as hot as you want.
- 6Cut butter into pieces and place on top of shrimp.
- 7Place boat on grill and cook just until shrimp curls.
- 8Garnish if desired.
- 9You can skewer these too but they are more moist done this way.
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Grilled Shrimp Scampi
Serving Size: 1 (133 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 219.7
- Calories from Fat 115
- Total Fat 12.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.6 g
- Cholesterol 251.3 mg
- Sodium 336.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 24.0 g