Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I love trying new things on the grill. Some disasters have occurred (don't ask), but this was a huge success!! Easy and quick. If you don't make some pasta or something filling to serve on the side, you'll have to beat them away from your grill with a spatula.
- 2 lbs large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle Italian salad dressing
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1⁄2 cup salted butter, melted
- Mix Italian dressing (I use Kraft Zesty Italian) and lime juice to make marinade.
- Place shrimp in resealable container.
- Pour marinade over shrimp and gently stir.
- Cover and refrigerate for 20 to 30 minutes. No longer than that or the acid in the lime will start to "cook" the shrimp.
- Thread shrimp on skewers and place on prepared grill. Be careful not to overcook.
- Dunk hot, grilled shrimp into melted butter and eat as many as you can!
- I usually serve linguini with butter and parmesan cheese with this.
Very tasty recipe - I used no fat Italian zesty dressing. Marinated the prawns all day in it 30 minutes before cooking I added the lime juice. I also added 3 cloves of crushed garlic Everyone LOVED the prawns thanks for posting Torilulu