Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
7/19/06 St. Louis Post-Dispatch newspaper.
- 6 orange slices
- 6 ounces salmon fillets, with skin
- 12 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- salt (to taste)
- ground black pepper
- 1 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 cup chopped of fresh mint
- Prepare medium fire in grill.
- Brush both sides of orange slices and salmon with 2 Tbsp oil. Season salmon with salt and pepper to taste.
- Grill orange slices, turning once; transfer to plate. Grill salmon, skin side down, for a bout 5 minutes or until skin is crisp. Turn and grill for 1 minute, then turn again and grill until cooked to desired doneness, about 2 minutes. Cover salmon with foil to keep warm.
- In saucepan, combine remaining 10 Tbsp oil, basil and mint. Warm over medium-high heat for about 2 minutes. To serve, drizzle salmon with herbs and oil; top with orange slices.
Oh, this was good. I do like salmon and this recipe brought wonderful flavor to the fish without overpowering it. I prepared it on my indoor stovetop grillpan and thought it did very well. I used herbs from my garden (first time I was able to do this) and felt just like Ina Garten. I will definitely be making this again!