Recipe by Mama's Kitchen (Hope)
Thaw and marinate your chicken at the same time in this wonderful concoction! Toss it all in a zipper seal bag and throw in the refrigerator. Ready the next day to throw on the grill! Use bone in or boneless. This marinade will cover about 4 lbs of chicken.
Top Review by Saturn
WONDERFUL! Made the marinade as directed. Couldn't grill due to rain so I simply threw everything in a non-stick pan and cooked it down until the chicken was cooked through. The chicken breasts I had were rather thick so I ended up having to add some water a few times in order to draw out the cooking time... I really think that helped to intensify the flavours! The spice was perfect for us! This will be a regular occurrence for me now!!
- 3 -4 lbs chicken, cut up (I use breasts but use what you like)
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce, low sodium preferred
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced (You can use garlic powder but be careful as many brands are salty. )
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together and pour over raw or frozen chicken in zipper seal bag. Toss in refrigerator overnight.
- Drain marinade and grill until chicken is no longer pink in middle.
- Use less cayenne- or none- to reduce heat!
- OAMC: To freeze: Place chicken and marinade in a large freezer bag. Seal, label and freeze. To serve: Place in fridge to thaw overnight. Grill or broil until done. Thanks Lucid for these great instructions!