I first had this style of steak at my in-laws. Who knew that a less expensive steak cut could be so easy AND good?
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sprinkle Montreal seasoning evenly over both sides of steak. Using a regular dinner fork, stab the seasoning into the meat-this get the flavor all the way through, and helps tenderize the meat. Use more or less seasoning to your taste.
- 2Place steak in a large zip type bag with olive oil and vinegar and let rest for 15 minutes, up to an hour. Turn and massage the oil/vinegar mix around the steak occasionally during this time.
- 3Heat grill to medium hot, then remove steak from bag and place steak on grill. Cook for 5-8 minutes per side, depending on thickness and desired doneness of steak.
- 4Remove steak from grill and LET IT REST, covered, (resting keeps the steak's juice inside, instead of all over the cutting board!) for at least 15 minutes, then slice steak thinly across grain. Serve immediately.
- 5This goes great with pan fries, steamed veggies and a nice green salad.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Grilled Flank Steak
Serving Size: 1 (240 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 464.4
- Calories from Fat 260
- Total Fat 28.9 g
- Saturated Fat 9.2 g
- Cholesterol 92.9 mg
- Sodium 122.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 48.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
McCormick's Montreal Brand steak seasoning