Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is so easy and so good :D
- 2 slices whole wheat bread
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 slice tomatoes
- 2 slices American cheese or 2 slices edam cheese
- 1 cup tomato soup (to go with it) (optional)
- Butter one side of 1 of the slices of bread and put in pan.
- Top with 1 slice of cheese, the tomato, and then the other slice of cheese.
- Butter one side of the other slice of bread and place on top with butter side up.
- Cook until done, flipping often.
- Serve with tomato soup if desired.
Simplicity at it's best. This is the perfect grilled cheese sandwich! :)
This is exactly how I make my grilled cheese, except on occasion, I add a slice of bacon or two. I do "squish" mine slightly, but that's not essential.