I don't remember where I got this recipe. I love Cajun and I love chicken, so this recipe really piqued my interest. This super flavorful chicken recipe requires very little prep work. You can even add the spices to the chicken in the morning and let the chicken marinate in the fridge all day. then just come home, fire up the grill and -- voila! -- dinner is served. Prep time does not include marinating time.
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder (I use more because I like a lot of garlic)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- Combine the dry spices in a small bowl. In a shallow glass dish (large enough to hold the chicken in a single layer), or a gallon size zip lock bag, place the lemon juice and oil. add half of the spice mix; stir to combine.
- Add the chicken breasts, turning to coat both sides. Marinate for 30 to 60 minutes at room temperature or at least 2 hours to overnight in the refrigerator, covered.
- Drain the chicken and sprinkle both sides with the remaining seasoning mix. Place the breasts on a hot grill with the thin ends away from the flames. Cook, turning once, until just cooked through, 3 to 8 minutes per side, depending on the heat intensity and the thickness of the meat.
Very juicy & lots of yummy flavour!
Wonderful and juicy grilled chicken recipe that I changed up by first putting my chicken in boiling water, waiting for the water to re-boil. Once the water boils again, turn off the heat and let the chicken sit for 15 minutes in the boiled water. Transfer the chicken to a container that can be sealed and add your marinade. Close the seal, give a shake and let sit until ready to grill.
This was pretty good. Used boneless skinless chicken thighs and cooked this on a stove-top grill. It was excellent on my salad. Can't wait until it gets warm enough out to cook it on the grill. Made for Zaar Cookbook Tag.