Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Only a few ingredients necessary which you probably have available. I usually have dried basil but this calls for fresh. If you use dried, use a little less. From First Magazine, July, 2007. I haven't tried it yet. Lettuce, tomatoes, pickles and onions are suggested as possible garnishes.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄3 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning, like the ones in the grinders
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄3 teaspoon pepper
- 6 kaiser rolls, spilt horizontally
- Heat grill.
- In a bowl, mix all the ingredients, except for the rolls, until just blended and shape into 6 patties.
- Grill 12 minutes or until an instant read thermometer inserted in center of the burgers reads 160 degrees F., turning once.
- Place grilled patties on rolls and garnish as desired.
This burger has great flavor - I used fresh basil, dry Italian seasoning and Italian Parmesan. I found it to be a bit dry and would like a sauce with it or some extra melted cheese. Thanks Oolala for posting it
Great burgers. We made half recipe cause we're only 3. The burgers have a really good taste with the parmesan, fresh basil and italian seasoning. I just omitted the salt. Thanks Oolala :)