Recipe by Busy Lindsay
Found this recipe years ago. It is a little different from some of the other grilled bourbon chicken recipes on Zaar. There is no ketchup in this recipe and it is not spicy. You can certainly add a few dashes of cayenne pepper or red pepper flakes to kick it up a notch. Time indicated below does not include marinating.
- 3 lbs chicken pieces (wings, breasts, thighs, whatever your preference)
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄3 cup Bourbon
- 2 tablespoons dried onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients, except chicken, to make the sauce. Set aside ½ cup of this sauce for basting the chicken later while grilling.
- Add chicken to the bowl of remaining sauce, tossing chicken to coat with sauce mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- Drain chicken, discarding marinade.
- Grill chicken, basting often with reserved sauce, until chicken is cooked through (about 20 to 30 minutes depending on the size and cut of chicken pieces).