Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This tasty soup is so easy, super healthy, requires very little chopping, and is inexpensive. Herbs are provided as a guide, but feel free to use your favourites or the ones growing in your garden. You can also sub part of the lettuce for other greens (beet leaves, spinach, chard, etc.)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 heads lettuce, hearts removed
- 5 cups vegetable broth or 5 cups chicken broth
- 1 sprig fresh savory
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 6 leaves fresh basil
- salt, to taste
- fresh cracked pepper, to taste
- In a large saucepan, combine onions, potatoes, lettuce (you can throw the leaves whole or grossly tear them). Cook, covered, 10 minutes at med-high heat, stirring occasionally.
- Add broth and herbs; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes.
- Cream with a blender (stand or immersion) or a food processor.
- Taste, add salt and pepper as needed. Serve hot.