Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A nice green, springtime treat ;P
- 4 cups vegetable broth or 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 1⁄2 cups frozen peas
- salt & pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried herbs (like mint, dill or marjoram)
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon sour cream (optional) or 1 tablespoon yogurt (optional)
- Saute the onions and garlic in butter using a medium-sized pot. Add salt to encourage sweating.
- Once everything looks wilty, mix in the dried herbs and add the broth. Simmer on medium for about 5 minutes or so.
- Add the frozen peas and let the soup cook through for about 5 minutes.
- Add sour cream or yogurt, if using.
- Blend with an immersion blender, taste and adjust seasonings, if necessary.
- Sprinkle with a bit of nutmeg and serve in bowls.
- For Vegetarian omit the chicken broth and use Vegetable broth.