Recipe by pink cook
A good and easy dessert to make for St. Patrick's green shamrock, lucky day. Enjoy it.
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) packages Jello gelatin, lime flavor
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 teaspoon lime peel, grated
- 1⁄3 cup lime juice
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream
- 10 inches pastry crust, baked and cooled
- 1 cup lite Cool Whip, thawed
- thin slices of lime and fresh mint leaves (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Dissolve jello in boiling water and stir in peel and lime juice.
- Add ice cream by spoonfuls, stirring until melted.
- Chill until mixture mounds slightly when spooned.
- Pour into cooled baked crust. Chill until firm (overnight).
- Top with Cool Whip and a thin slices of lime or fresh mint leaves if you like.