Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Great curry that is easy to freeze and is so good that you may never have to freeze it. I usually use low fat or fat free coconut milk and it is still delicious, I usually make it with tofu but have made it half and half with delicious results.
- 2 (12 ounce) cans chicken stock
- 5 kaffir lime leaves
- 3 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) can coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons green curry paste
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 lb chicken breast, thinly sliced (may be substituted with tofu , bean curd)
- 5 Japanese eggplants, quartered
- 1 (8 ounce) can bamboo shoots
- 1 lb green beans, cut into 1/2 pieces
- 1 bunch Thai basil, leaves torn
- rice, as desired
- In a large saucepan, add chicken stock.
- Crumble the lime leaves before adding.
- Add garlic.
- Let simmer for 5 minute
- Add coconut milk and chicken (or bean curd).
- Simmer until reduced, about 10 minute
- Season with fish sauce and sugar.
- Add bamboo, green beans, eggplant. Cook for another 5-8 minute.
- When done, add Thai basil and serve with Jasmine rice.