Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Great curry that is easy to freeze and is so good that you may never have to freeze it. I usually use low fat or fat free coconut milk and it is still delicious, I usually make it with tofu but have made it half and half with delicious results.
- 2 (12 ounce) cans chicken stock
- 5 kaffir lime leaves
- 3 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) can coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons green curry paste
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 lb chicken breast, thinly sliced (may be substituted with tofu , bean curd)
- 5 Japanese eggplants, quartered
- 1 (8 ounce) can bamboo shoots
- 1 lb green beans, cut into 1/2 pieces
- 1 bunch Thai basil, leaves torn
- rice, as desired
- In a large saucepan, add chicken stock.
- Crumble the lime leaves before adding.
- Add garlic.
- Let simmer for 5 minute
- Add coconut milk and chicken (or bean curd).
- Simmer until reduced, about 10 minute
- Season with fish sauce and sugar.
- Add bamboo, green beans, eggplant. Cook for another 5-8 minute.
- When done, add Thai basil and serve with Jasmine rice.