Recipe by Huskergirl
I love, love, love green chilies! This is my simple and GREAT tasting green chilie. I use ingredients that most everyone should be able to find in their hometown grocery stores. You can use this in so many different dishes. I like to eat is as just a soup on cold days. I also freeze any left overs to use in any Mexican dish that calls for salsa. Great over pork or chicken enchiladas, chimichangas, or you can melt with cheese to make a great dip. I do not use any oil in this recipe and you never even miss it.
Top Review by drinkmore
Enjoyed this with some rice and beans in a tortilla. Never made this before, to my surprise it was easy. I did use chopped green chilies, 2 jalapenos and mild rotel. We loved the heat. Thank you!
- 1 lb pork, cut into small bite size pieces (I buy the cheaper center cut pork chops that come in econo packs for about 4 dollars)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can whole green chilies
- 1 (4 ounce) can jalapenos
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup water
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a non stick soup pot cook pork pieces, until browned.
- Add onions cook until start to turns transparent.
- Dice green chilies put half in soup pot and 1/2 in blender.
- Add jalapeno and water.
- Blend until smooth add back to pot.
- Add tomatoes, chicken stock and seasonings.
- Cook over med low heat for 1 hour. If soup starts to thicken up add more water or stock.