Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
A great weekend brunch item, you can whip this up in a matter of minutes!
- 12 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 3 (3 ounce) canschopped green chilies
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 green onion, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Beat the eggs, then add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Grease a 9x12 baking dish, pour in the egg mixture, sprinkle with green onion, and bake at 350 for 35 minutes.
- Makes 6-8 servings.
- Note: use soy flour instead of regular for a lower-carb dish.
Very good. Like Bergy, I also left out the cheddar (but not the cottage cheese!), and didn't miss it at all. Recipe says this makes 6-8 servings. I cut my 9"x13" casserole into 6 servings, but even without the added cheddar cheese, I found it so filling that I often found myself wanting only half of this serving size, so next time I'll slice this into 8 servings instead.
I loved this easy recipe - Cut the recipe in half with no problem. Made it in a 9X9 pan. I had it for dinner. It would be a great Brunch dish. Served with asparagus on the side I left out the cheese and it was great but it would also be delish with the cheese. Thanks Julesong for posting