Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is the recipe I reach for when I'm craving Green Chili but don't have the time to make the "traditional" recipe- and it's a little more mild for the kids.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 cup green chili salsa
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 1⁄4 cups half-and-half
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- In a large sauce pan, saute onions, garlic in butter until softened.
- Add chicken and saute until chicken is no longer pink, about 8-10 minutes.
- Add green chile salsa- Stir until well combined.
- Stir in half & half and soup.
- Cook on med. heat for 20- 30 minutes.
- Serve with sour cream, shredded cheese and tortillas.
To say that we liked this recipe would be putting it mildly...we loved it! I have never had green chili that had a cream base, so I was intrigued by this recipe. I really liked the ease and preparation time as well. Not only was it quick and easy, but it was full of flavor. After looking at the ingredient quantities I decided to double the recipe, and I'm really glad that I did. I served the chili with Mexican cornbread for dinner, and the following morning I served it over scrambled eggs. Yum! This recipe was a real winner at my house and I've had a request to make this again soon. I might even try it with cubed pork next time. Thank you for sharing this wonderful recipe...it is definitely a keeper!
**Made for Spring 2012 PAC**