Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
Adapted from a recipe of the week from Denver Green Chili (sic). A pantry dish, but it sure isn't health food! Can be doubled and baked in a 9 X 13 pan for 30 to 45 minutes.
- 2 ounces butter (plus more for buttering the baking dish)
- one can creamed corn (14-15 ounce)
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded cheese (Monterey Jack or Cheddar, or a blend)
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup roasted and peeled green chili, chopped (canned if you MUST, but fresh will be light years better)
- 1⁄4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl, then pour into a buttered 8 X 8 glass baking dish and bake for 25 to 40 minutes, until just set and starting to brown on top. Cool 10 minutes before serving.