Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I'm currently making this for my dinner tomorrow. The trick is to cook it slowly. You can chuck all sorts in. It is best served with nice bread. I cheat and buy mine from the local health food shop--homemade organic yumsky bread. I found my broth mix in asda organics for about 50p, but you can use any dried broth mix (I think mine contains red lentils, barley flakes, green lentils, pearl barley etc.)
- 4 stalks celery & leaves
- 3 carrots
- 3 onions
- 2 leeks
- 3 spring onions
- 1 parsnip
- 2 vegetable bouillon cubes (oxo or swiss bouillon)
- 250 g soup mix (dried broth mix consisting fo beans and barley etc)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1 1⁄2 liters water
- salt and pepper
- Chop your carrots and parsnip into dice, finely chop onions, slice finely leeks and spring onions, slice your celery.
- Throw into a BIG pan with your broth mix; add your herbs and salt and pepper and water.
- Cover and bring to boil on high heat. Turn down as low as you can leaving lid on and leave for a couple of hours.
- Keep checking to see if it needs more water.
- Serve with croutons, cheese (if you're not vegan) or gorgeous, yummy bread.